Sunday, March 6, 2016

So it's Sunday fun day! We started our morning with an amazing hike!! The weather has been so beautiful out here the past few weeks!! We've really taken advantage of being able to get out side! Our total hike was just about two hours, and 4 miles! We climed about 80 flights of stairs! Such a beautiful day. And what's great is our younger dog, Fry, loves to go hiking with us!






When we got home we had lunch! Some awesome salmon and asparagus. So yummy!! I'll post that recipie at the end of this post for all of you! I also started working on meal preping for the week.

Today I was chocked full of energy, and ready to rock and roll!! Zero cravings!! It's pretty amazing! I went to my parents for the evening and made my own version of what they were having and also got me some "ice cream" I can have!  But the urge to cheat is not there at all!

So Josh and I tend to work complete opposite meals, so I try to make enough meals for 5-6 days. I'll make enough of each dish to feed us twice, so I make 5-6 different meals for the week! Now most Arbonne coaches give a meal plan out that is amazing to follow, but I love coming up with my own. I will fail if I follow someone else's meal plan haha. I also have a lot of allergies to food. So I have to be careful!

For our meals this week it was $100 for 10 meals, which makes it out to be $5 per meal per person. Not bad right? I splurged a little for today's lunch with salmon and asparagus cause neither were on sale! I shop primarily at King Soopers, being that we both work for the company, and they have a great line of organics with their simple truth line!

This week we are having...

Sweet potato Brussels sprout hash with chicken
Steak rellenos
Frittata
Quinoa and mushroom with chicken
Pizza (yes pizza)
And then the salmon we had for lunch today!

So that's all to report for today!! Good luck to those of you starting tomorrow! I'll be posting my first week results tomorrow with weigh in! I cannot wait!!!!!

Dijon Crusted Salmon with asparagus




2 salmon filets
2 T Dijon mustard
1/4 C gluten free bread crumbs
2 T oil
1 bunch asparagus
2 t paprika
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread 1 T Dijon mustard over each filet. Season with sale and pepper. Combine 1 T oil with bread crumbs, then sprinkle evenly over the filets. Sprinkle with paprika.
Trim the ends off the asparagus and toss in rest of oil. Place asparagus to the side of the pan and salt and pepper.
Bake for 10 minutes. My oven took 12, so be sure to check for doneness!!
Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment